EPF Transfer Online Status and Register EPFO (employees provident fund organisation) has been continuously trying to make its services more convenient, easy and faster to use both for employee and employer. EPFO introduced UAN(universal account number) which acts as an umbrella for the multiple Member Ids allotted to an individual by different employers. UAN enables linking of multiple EPF Accounts (Member Id) allotted to a single member. UAN offers a bouquet of services like dynamically updated UAN card, updated PF passbook including all transfer-in details, facility to link previous members’ ID with present ID, monthly SMS regarding credit of contribution in PF account and facility for auto-triggering transfer request on change of employment.
Important points to be noted before making a PF transfer:
But before making the online pf transfer note the points mentioned below
- The employee must be registered with EPFO
- The employee must know the UAN number given to him by his employer
- The employee must have an activated UAN (given to him by the employer), if not he must activate it by visiting the Unified poral-EPFO
- Bank account and bank IFSC code of employee should be seeded against the UAN
- The employer should have approved the e-KYC
- The previous/current employer should have digitally registered as authorized signatories in EPFO
- Personal information and PF account related information shown in EPFO should be correct
- Aadhar number and PAN against UAN is not mandatory for raising transfer claims
- PF account number of both previous and current employment of an employee should be entered in EPFO database
- Only one transfer request against the previous member ID can be accepted.
Step by step procedure to make PF transfer online
- Visit the EPFO employee’s portal
- Scroll down to see services from them click on “Member UAN/Online Service (OCS/OTCP)”
- LOGIN using UAN number and password (fill the captcha)
- Now under the new page go to “online services” tab and then click on ‘One Member – One EPF Account (Transfer Request)’.
- You will be redirected to a new page here Verify personal information and PF account credentials for present employment.
- Now under step 1 enter member id or UAN and click on get details to see PF account details of previous employment
- You have the option of choosing either your previous employer or current employer for attesting the claim form based on the availability of authorized signatory holding DSC. Choose either of the employers and provide member id/UAN.
- Now goto step 2 to verify OTP, click on get OTP and then enter then click on submit
- Now the employer will digitally approve your PF transfer request from the EPFO employer’s portal
- Now we need to fill up form 13 with details including PF number from both previous and current employer and download the transfer claim in pdf format then submit the same to the employer within the time span of 10 days.
Tracking the pf status online:
Once we are done submitting the pf transfer application online, we can track the status of our PF transfer. Tracking the pf transfer status through the EPFO employee’s portal is one of the methods to track the pf status.
Below are the steps to do that
- EPFO employees portal