UAN stands for Universal Account Number. UAN will act as an umbrella for the multiple Member Ids allotted to an individual by different establishments. UAN enables the users to link all of their member ids from different organizations they had worked in of multiple EPF Accounts allotted to a single member. Members can view details of his/her all EPF Accounts
Due to the increase of short-term contractual employees in the organizations it has become a mandatory thing to have a single account to which an employee can link all of his previous EPF details in the form of member ids. This led to the necessity for the creation of UAN which will facilitate the process. Users can also update their KYC details to use the different services offered by EPFO with UAN
Digitally authenticated KYC would facilitate clubbing of all previous PF account numbers. UAN is lifelong account number and users with Aadhaar enabled UAN will eventually able to access EPF services directly.
A person is allotted only one UAN in his lifetime regardless of the number of companies he/she changes. Hence, the same UAN is to be fed by different companies into the system so that the person’s entire EPF contribution can be managed systematically and in a more transparent manner
- Any person who Is working in an organization can apply for UAN which will be allotted by EPFO
- EPF members in respect of whom at least one contribution is received in or after Jan-2014, UAN is allotted by EPFO.
- Pre-registered EPF members who does not have a UAN can also apply for UAN and the will be allotted one by EPFO
- UAN holder can register his/her mobile with EPFO for UAN activation, and the employee can change his registered mobile number.
- The user Must obtain UAN no. and member id from employer.
- Activation of the registration is mandatory.
- User has to create user name and password for accessing UAN driven member portal.
- Must have scanned copies of the KYC documents to be uploaded
- Having a UAN, can give the user will give him the benefit of using the services offered by the unified portal-EPFO. The following are the services offered by the unified poral-EPFO for an employee with a UAN
- User can activate his UAN by entering UAN, Mobile No. & Member id to generate login credentials
- User can Login to the Portal using Username (UAN) & Password created by him.
- He can view and download the member PF passbook.